We have many ways at our church to get involved and value people sharing their gifts. We believe that everyone plays a part and has a role in the church. Whether that be on Sunday mornings, or during the week meeting in prayer. Each person is important, and brings something unique to the table.
“Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.” 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
If you play an instrument, sing, or are interested in sound and media, than this team is right for you. Volunteers who a part of the music team are required to be at the church by 8:30am days they are scheduled. Responsibilities:
- setting up stage on Sunday mornings
- setting up sound equipment/instrument/projector and computer
- coming prepared to run through songs as a team
- tearing down following service
If this is something you would be interested please contact our Music Director.
If you have a personality that loves to host people, welcome them, and create a space where they feel comfortable, then this is the team for you. We have a variety of different roles on this team: greeting, ushering, baking, and hosting out-of-church gatherings. The greeters and ushers are required to be at the church by 9:30am on the mornings they are scheduled. They are responsible for:
- setting up chairs
- setting up coffee station
- setting up welcome table/signs/banners
- taking offering during service
- cleaning up following the service
If this is something that you would be interested in, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
If you have a heart for children and love seeing them encounter the love of God, then this is the team for you. We ask that the children’s teachers be at the church for 9:45am to set up the children’s room and gather supplies for that morning. They are responsible for:
- submitting a vulnerable police check prior to volunteering
- taking the children to their class at 11:30am and keeping them until parents retrieve them
- learning the lesson that is provided for that day
- preparing necessary activities and crafts to go along with the lesson
- gathering all supplies needed
- cleaning up following service
If this is something that you would be interested in then please contact our Children’s Director.
If your heart is for getting out into the community, prayer, and building relationships with people, then this team is for you. We have people attending Greenwood Coalition each week, and doing prayer walks on Monday evenings at 7 pm. We are always looking for new ideas and ways to be even a bigger help to our community. If you have ideas, then talk to us.
If this is something that you would be interested in please contact our Volunteer Coordinator and she will get you connected.